Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GeraldSheehan
Regular Visitor

Scatter Plot - Plot Area, Add Image is not working since latest update

Hi all,

I have just uploaded the latest version of Power BI a few days ago. Since then, when I try to click on the "Add Image" button in a scatter plot Plot Area, nothing happens. No window pops up, nothing. This has happened on a new report and on a report where I already have an image in the Plot Area.

Has anyone had this issue before and can anyone offer any suggestions?

GeraldSheehan_0-1643191203456.png

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions,

Ger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rico,

Eventually I had to get help from one of the Microsoft engineers. The advice was to disable  “Power BI Desktop Infrastructure update” in the Preview Feature in the Options. This seems to have solved the functionality and stability issues, at least for now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GeraldSheehan ,

I try to reproduce your issue, but in my side add image works well.

I have a test in three versions of Power BI.

1. Previous version, 2. Current version and 3.Next version (from Microsoft store).

1.png2.png

Could you tell me what kind of data source did you get and what kind of connection mode did you choose in your test? My test is import mode and enter data.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Rico,

Thanks for the work you have done in trying to replicate this scenario. I am using an import and entr data option too.

I have already determined that some of my colleagues can make the neccessary changes even though I can't. So, for example, on the example above, they are able to add an image to the Plot Area but when I try to add image nothing happens - the window doesn't show up. I also see nothing happens in several cases when I try and click the "X" to close the report - perhaps again the usual pop up window asking if you want to save the file first is not appearing for the same reason.

At this stage I am just having my IT team look at it as this seems to be a problem specific to me and my installment of Power BI. But this started happening only after I installed the latest patch of Power BI a couple of weeks ago so thought I'd mention it here.

Thanks again for your help. If I determine a cause or anything else useful I will post here too.

Thanks,

Ger

Hi @GeraldSheehan ,

I think you can download the latest version Power BI Desktop and try again.

For reference: Power BI Desktop

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Rico,

Eventually I had to get help from one of the Microsoft engineers. The advice was to disable  “Power BI Desktop Infrastructure update” in the Preview Feature in the Options. This seems to have solved the functionality and stability issues, at least for now.

GeraldSheehan
Regular Visitor

Still have this issue - in addition to not being able to add images to the scatter plots, I can't close files, even when I try to End Task on the Task Manager. This is now starting to severely limit my ability to work on my reports. Has anyone else xperienced anything like this? 

GeraldSheehan
Regular Visitor

So, correction on the above problem - no pop-up windows are working on my Power BI. If I try and close the window without saving, the window that pops up asking me to save does not appear. If I try to delete a measure from the model, the window popping up asking if I am sure I want to delete it does not appear. All pop up windows are not working.

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise, x64. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled Power BI and still have the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors