Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sample File Source Contains Kind Defined Name

Dear Community, 

Can anyone help me understand what the yellow ones are? I swear I have only Kind "Sheet" in my RAW Data.

Atanas_0-1611163720339.png

Thank you in advance, 

Atanas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Anonymous 

as I wrote you have to filter this table on the column "kind" so you are able to get rid of the other ranges. Consider that also a printing area is a defined range name.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

those are hidden system sheets that are created when you start filtering the visible sheets.  You can ignore them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lbendlin 

Thank you, is there any way to remove them before upload them to power query? Asking as i appended them and power bi calculated Asia and Europe x 2 - doubling all the rows. It was really frustrating until I understand what the problem was.

Atanas

Hello @Anonymous 

Power Query can read different ranges of a file like sheets, tables, named ranges.

What you can do is to filter on column "Kind" to the type you want... like sheets I suppose.

If this post helps or solves your problem, please mark it as solution (to help other users find useful content and to acknowledge the work of users that helped you)
Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jimmy801,

Thank you, i realized that, but what i need to understand is why this is happening? I really need only the sheets. I made some manual changes on my RAW data using filters, but i removed them. For some reason PQ now adds them as additional ranges.

Hello @Anonymous 

as I wrote you have to filter this table on the column "kind" so you are able to get rid of the other ranges. Consider that also a printing area is a defined range name.

Kudoes are nice too

Have fun

Jimmy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors