Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrew_hardwick
Helper III
Helper III

Salesforce report error 'This table is empty'

I created a Power BI Report recently to connect to a Salesforce Report. I then pubished this to the Power BI site, so that I could share it.

This has been working fine for the last few days and I scheduled a daily refresh to update the Dashboard.

However now the Dashboard is empty. I have gone back to the original Power BI Desktop file and when I re-query the report I also get a blank report. When I try and create a new report using the Salesforce Report, i now get 'This table is empty' message in the preview window. However other reports still show previews normally. Also, the source report in Salesforce has not changed.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

4 REPLIES 4
abinashphuel
Advocate I
Advocate I

@andrew_hardwickany solution?

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@andrew_hardwick if power bi desktop was showing you data and can't see anything in power bi service then there could have been some issue in power bi setup, however fact that you're not seeing any data returned in power bi desktop and get 'table is empty' message in preview window would mean there is any to little chance anything could be wrong with power bi.

You need to go back and check things on Salesforce side. Perhaps something is changed there. Instead of report can you try salesforce objects and import them ? 

If you still believe it is problem on power bi side, I would suggest to raise a support ticket with Microsoft and get it checked.

@ankitpatira thanks for that. I have checked the report it was generated from and nothing has changed, it has not been modified in over 2 weeks since I set this up. I have also been able to connect to other reports without issue.

I will continue to try and find out what happened, but I would like to know what caused the issue rather than try and work around it in case it happens again.

@andrew_hardwick that is why you should report it to microsoft as they can more quickly find out if there is any issue.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors