Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

skygriff
Frequent Visitor

Salesforce Objects timing out almost every time now

Seems to be getting worst after each upgrade with Power BI.  August 2018 version I could do "refresh all" and after several tries, it will eventually refresh.  Salesforce Reports broke on that release for me, so I upgraded to September 2018 version and that fixed the Salesforce Reports issue where it would never populate in the Navigator pane, but now my Salesforce Object tables just stays "Waiting for..." for minutes than times out.  Now I have to refresh a table one by one, and it will take about 3-5 tries to get it to refresh anything that's from a Salesforce Object.  Anyone else having issues?  

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I can attest to also having the same problem. Work done in the quey editor, reports and dashboards with a lot of time gone into them will have to ba built from scratch. The Salesforce Report API is of scant value with the 2000 rows limitation and the Salesforce Objects API is also rapidly becoming useless as it will break when you are tryning to refresh data. 

The answer cannot simply be that the customers need to build their reports in a clever way to overcome a performance limitation. The two big, profitable actors involved (Salesforce and Microsoft) who are charging big bucks for licensees should own up to their responsibilities and fix this.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@skygriff,

Do you make serveral transformations in Query Editor of Power BI Desktop? If so, please create a new PBIX that just get the tables data with no transformation and see what's happen.

Also please post fiddler trace log of the refresh issue here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry just saw your post today and yes that's what I ended up having to do.  I created a new connection to the Salesforce Object (Case Activities) and found that I can filter by dates, but once I do some more advanced transformations it will time out.  It was never like this before, so all the work I did previously in the query editor is no longer working.  So for now I'm just getting by with minimal transformations.  I saw an update published yesterday, do you know if that made any improvements to the Salesforce Object connections?  Thanks!

@skygriff,

There is no official articles or blogs stating that there are salesforce object improvements in the new Power BI update. In your scenario, the time out issue is caused by large data and multiple transformations. I would recommend you create measures or calculated columns instead.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft @skygriff I'm having these issues as well. I have 3 reports that use Salesforce. All were built months ago, put on schedules and untouched for months. All 3 auto refreshed daily, twice a day, with no issues ever. Microsoft reported issues with Salesforce reports refreshing twice last month and that they had been taken care of, but my reports have never been the same since. 2 of them I can still successfully refresh at the desktop level, then publish to the service. The other report won't even do that anymore, and I have to refresh each table individually and skip over the two Salesforce tables that won't load. When I try to refresh them individually, I get this and it just never goes anywhere:

1.PNG 

It's frustrating because I spent months building these, they refreshed fine on their own for months, now I'm having these issues out of nowhere after microsoft went down and there seems to be no answer to the fix anywhere. They claimed they have fixed the issue but I've never been able to recover.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors