Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BenderIsGreat
Frequent Visitor

Salesforce Object Connector - permissions

Connecting to a Salesforce environment using the object connector.  Noticing a lot of objects that the login account supposedly has no rights to appearing as well.  This is true both on inital object presentation for selection and then, once I load  an objects as a test, if I navigate through my steps and go back to Source, I get a list with even more objects, many of which I am told should not be visible.

Question is, since Power BI is using the Salesforce login to connect, would it not be limited to the objects the logged in user has access to?  Crossing Ts and dotting Is before going back to the salesforce team with feedback.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@BenderIsGreat,

Do you get this issue when using Excel to connect to Salesforce object?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I dont seem to be able to replicate in Excel.  I was able to reconnect PBI to salesforce.  I think the limitations around Salesforce connections will make this a non-issue after researching some more though.  With what we are after, an export of data seems like a better option

Thanks!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@BenderIsGreat,

Power BI Desktop will show the objects  that you have access  to. In your scenario, are you able to select the objects that you don't have permission on?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft, thanks for confirming Lydia.  I've added some screenshots below to clarify some things.  Note, these are screenshots from when it happened as today I am fighting issues described here around Salesforce connectivity which is preventing me from getting further detail.  Anyway...

I was first presented a list of objects 

Sfroce Error1.png

I selected a couple and they would load.  I went into Applied Steps on one, selected Source and was presented with a list of objects again, incuding many objects our Force admins are concerned even came up (i.e. all c2g objects should be unavailable to me per Force admin)

Sforce Error 2.png

If I select one of those, I do see contents if available

Sforce Error 3.png

Force admins are pretty confident my account does not have rights to those objects

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors