Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Data Tables for Relationship

Hello Everyone,

I am using Desktop Pro and pulling SalesForce Objects (not pulling all 382 tables, only Account, Agreement, Lead, Opportunity, and Transactions). What I am trying to find out is which additional tables I need to download to pull fields "ChildAccounts" and "Parent" so I can then build a relationship to the "Account" table and roll up transaction charges. When I perform the following, I can see the fields "ChildAccounts" and "Parent":

Get Data > Salesforce Objects > Select "Production" and "Include relationship columns" > Select "Account"

So I can see the fields, but how can I tell which tables I need to pull to build the relationship to GET these fields? Selecting "Account" will not allow me to pull those fields. 

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

Veejay

Salesforce - Account.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous ,

Based on your description, my understanding is that you want to find a table which lists the relationship between "ChildAccounts" and "Parent" from SalesForce Objects data source.

Actually, this relationship has been contained in the table “Account”, please refer to the following steps: load data into PowerBi Query editor.
1.PNG

Then find the column ChildAccounts and Parent, refer to the following picture to choose required columns and expand these data:
2.png

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous ,

Based on your description, my understanding is that you want to find a table which lists the relationship between "ChildAccounts" and "Parent" from SalesForce Objects data source.

Actually, this relationship has been contained in the table “Account”, please refer to the following steps: load data into PowerBi Query editor.
1.PNG

Then find the column ChildAccounts and Parent, refer to the following picture to choose required columns and expand these data:
2.png

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi all,

I would like to have the Account Hierarchie (which is visible in Salesforce) as Salesforce objects in PBI. But it seems that in the version 2.97.801.0, which I am using,  the Account table doesn't have this Parent-Child relationship. Does someone has a solution for the new PBI versions? Or is this linked to Salesforce? 

Best Regards!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Lydia,

I was able to update per your instructions and pull the data over. Thank you so much for the help! 

Sincerely,

Veejay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors