Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pauliusmaciulis

SalesForce scheduled synch setup returns error

I work with the PowerBI Desktop version and dashboards are published to the web. The SalesForce login works from the PowerBI Desktop version and I can get the reports data from SalesForce. But when the pbix file is published I am unable to update data source credentails for the SalesForce data source in order to setup scheduled SalesForce data synch. Any help would be appriaciated!

I see the following error message: 

The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please ensure the credentials you have provided for all the data sources are valid.

Hide details Activity Id:7a1f96f4-5927-4543-bf99-d383e99977aa

Request Id:tracheae

Status Code:400

Time:Fri Oct 16 2015 17:17:02 GMT-0500 (Central Summer Time)

Version:11.0.9168.320

Cluster US:helps://centraler.analysis.windows.net

Details:The credentials provided for the Salesforce source are invalid. (Source at helps://log.salesforce.com/.)

42 REPLIES 42
jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

Enterprise version

Ah, OK thanks.   As far as I know it's still not possible to set this up with the more basic licence version

Did anything happen with this?  Is Enterprise still the only solution?

I haven’t checked for a long time. I just use Power Update to schedule the refresh
jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

We were able to solve the situation by resetting the profile of the user we are using to connect from PowerBI to salesforce.

HI @jotaandres,  are you on the API enabled edition of Salesforce, or Enterprise version?  

Thanks

jotaandres
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Any update on this situation? In My case, I cannot connect via PowerBI, getting the error stated on this post, but I cannot connect from PowerBI desktop getting a "Access to the resource is orbiden message". I can login via web with no problem.

This was working fine for like 4 months until last Wednesday and we have not made any changes on the slaesforce side.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Jorge

jcheng
Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem for the past 4 months. The solution I found is to disable one of SaleForces security setting under the Health Check for Security Controls called “Force relogin after Login-AS-User”.

Thanks @jcheng, unfortunately my setting is already on Disabled for that item.   Do you know what version of Salesforce you are using?

The issue is with this version...

Organization EditionProfessional Edition
jcheng
Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem for the past 4 months. The solution I found is to disable one of SaleForces security setting under the Health Check for Security Controls called “Force relogin after Login-AS-User”.

James Cheng

I've just responded to the support desk with another set of screenshots so will keep you posted on the response

Below is the latest respond I've got on my ticket 

Hi Majd,

The latest information that I had received from our product group on this issue is that they believe it is something to do with your SalesForce accounts.  They are looking deeper into this and I do apologize for the inconvenience of how long this is taking for us to get this resolved.

My query is still being investigated

I've provide them screenshots of my Salesforce oAuth connected apps to check that this is not part of the issue

Has anyone received an updated timeline for when this may be resolved?  I am able to manually refresh and publish the reports, but automated refreshing is a great time savings. 

Still being investigated....Man Frustrated

dmoffat
Advocate II
Advocate II

3 Months !!!!!

How is this possible ? If this WAS working and in production and this failure goes on for 3 months what does Microsoft say about that ? !  That is toally unacceptable to me.

This combined with the refresh issues I am having woth Excel files makes me seriously question whether we all should be using this tech until they get it working.  Makes us all look like fools to have to explain this kind of thing to our clients/bosses.  They just won't understand and shouldn't have to ..

**bleep**

Manual refresh fails - credentials work on Power BI Desktop but not PowerBI.com

Salesforce Issue.PNG

Also I can no longer access the SalesForce content Pack

oristides
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Friends!!

I got it

The problem is because your Salesfroce edition. I used to have salesfroce professional editions but you must have an edition thats allows API integrations, like Enterprise edition. Now I upgraded to Salesfroce enterprise edition(expensiver edition) and as you can se and theres is no X saying something about credentials.

i got nuts with this but finnally I solved. Now 

Capturar.PNG

This should not have anything to do with the edition of Salesforce you are using.

I'd suggest that everyone experiencing this issue move to the latest version of the Power BI Deskop. There was a fix last month that had to do with salesforce connectivity. Let us know if you are still experiencing issues after downloading the latest Desktop release.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/desktop/

Faisal Mohamood

@faisalmo thanks mate. am on the latest version and my SalesForce is Enterprise Edition. still having the same problem for 3 months now.. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors