Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

markydangerous
Regular Visitor

Sage Data Connection with ODBC

Has anyone had success connecting Power BI desktop to Sage 50 via ODBC? i have managed to get to the point where i can see the tables but not access them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @markydangerous,

What is the error message that you get when loading table to Power BI Desktop? Do you follow the guide in this blog to connect to Sage 50 from Power BI Desktop?

In addition, there is a content pack for Sage 50 in Power BI Service,  you can connect to it via Get Data > Services entry. For more details, please review this video:https://www.suntico.com/bi/.

1.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for the reply. I have been using the Sage v23 ODBC driver to attempt a connection. The cdata driver connects through sdata and can be slow so i am attempting to go straight there using the local path name.

Here is the error message:

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [42S02] Table not found
Details:
    DataSourceKind=Odbc
    DataSourcePath=dsn=SageLine50v23
    OdbcErrors=Table

Sage support have suggested there should be a way to send the serial and activation key from Power BI to sage to allow 3rd party integration but I cant work out how.

Hi @markydangerous,

Have you tried to use the above Sage content pack?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How to get the Sage Content Pack ?

I checked in Power BI Desktop -> Get Data -> Online Services ... but there is no content pack for Sage. I have downloaded and installed the Power BI Desktop 32bit today (so it should be latest). Will really appreciate if any one can address the problem. Thanks

Error:

DataSource.Error: ODBC: ERROR [42S02] Table not found
Details:
DataSourceKind=Odbc
DataSourcePath=dsn=Sage Line 50 v23
OdbcErrors=Table

Hi, 

Im getting the same error as this while trying to use Sage ODBC for Pbi and Excel.

Would love to know how to fix this ifanyone has a solution.

I'm not sure that a content pack will provide any kind of a solution as the problem is with the ODBC connection itself.

Hi @Dazzathedrummer @markydangerous @HHassan @v-yuezhe-msft

This is a commercial solution but is specifically designed address this very problem.

https://bi.suntico.com/blog/power-bi-accounting-data/sage-50-accounts-data-source-for-power-bi

Additionally it comes with a pre-built Power BI data model and template file

https://bi.suntico.com/go/power-bi-template-for-sage-50-accounts

I hope this helps,

Hugh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors