Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matas
Advocate II
Advocate II

SSIS Derived Column

Hi,

I have an issue and cannot find easy solution. I have a data coming as a TimeStamp in a weird format (this format cannot be changed) as "20.190.105.070.515" it indicates yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss. Using Derived Column (REPALCE(TIMESTAMP, ".", " ")) I was able to remove these dots and convert data in a database as "20190105070515". Now I would like to leave only the first 8 digits and delete the rest using Derived Column since I need to do some calculations based on the yyyy-mm-dd. Anyone could help me with a syntax or approach?

Idealy I would like to have everything in one line (changing dot to empty and substring first 8 digits) something as REPLACE(TIMESTAMP,1,8) + SUBSTRING(TIMESTAMP,1,8), but this code doesnt not work, since it replaces the dots into empty but after that it takes the whole value again from CSV file and substrings it again leaving me with even weirder result.

Regards,

Matas

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BA_Pete,

Thanks for your feedback. I will remove it, can I ask how? Since it does not appear in my settings anything about deletion. 

Regards,

Matas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @Matas ,

You've posted this in the Power BI Power Query forum.

As it doesn't appear as though you want a Power Query solution, I would recommend reposting this in a more relevant forum and removing this one.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi @BA_Pete,

Thanks for your feedback. I will remove it, can I ask how? Since it does not appear in my settings anything about deletion. 

Regards,

Matas

Hi @Matas ,

No problem, I can't see that I can remove it either.

I'll mark it as a solved solution here to avoid confusion with other users on the board.

Best of luck with your question.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors