Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WalidYoussif
Regular Visitor

SSAS Security Roles - Power BI Dashboard

Hi All,

I’ve created a dashboard using Power BI that includes some reports connected to SSAS multidimensional database with live connection. When I shared the new dashboard with my colleague that has less security roles on the cube than me, I recognized that he can see all the data and this means, the security roles on cube are not implemented in the Power BI dashboard.

So would you please advise, wheat should I do in order to let the Power BI implements the role-based security directly from the cube.

Thanks in advance of your cooperation.

Walid Youssif.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to pass the UPN to Multidimensional cube for security to work from Power Bi service ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm experiance the same problem Cube security is not working in PowerBI. Restricted users can see all data.

Mapko,As we posted  Multidimensinal cube security for Power BI ,while your mentioned Tabular Model security,
So,could you know about Multidimensional cube security for power BI ,please post for us.

mapko
Helper I
Helper I

@WalidYoussif, running into same issue on my end. Were you able to resolve it?

WalidYoussif
Regular Visitor

Hi Guys,

79 reviews and no answer!!!

Still no solution ?

We facing a similar issue. We need to apply RLS in SSAS side(Multidimensional cube) and want Power BI to recognise the RLS defined in SSAS.

Any idea will this work ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors