Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DFC
Frequent Visitor

SQL Statement window became very small after the last few updates

Im not sure if it is just on my pc but Ive noticed the SQL window became uncharacterictically small to the point where looking at the query in there becomes impossible.

The whole window is not sizeable so I cant see a way to resize and make readeable. Is this a bug which needs fixing with a new update or is there a way for me to correct it.

DFC_0-1600162409448.png

PS:The window is from IBM Db2 database.

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy801
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @DFC 

what happens when you press CRTL+SHIFT+-   ?

BR

Jimmy

DFC
Frequent Visitor

DFC_1-1600168616724.png

DFC_2-1600168645893.png

since i cannot resize the main window if i zoom in i cannot see most of the info there. plus the SQL window problem remains

Hi @DFC ,

It is by design. Sorry for the inconvenience. For now, please try to write T-SQL on other place and paste the code into Power BI. 

You could vote up the ideas to make PBI better.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=d51f9299-d3d9-4a12-82a8-a6161e96f554

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=3a940d82-21ad-4e99-897a-ff177f2b3377

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=92006d0f-f222-4e89-9be0-812dd67105e8

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xuding-msft ,

The problem with your answer is that this issue i brought up is very recent. Something in your lastest patches ruined the SQL window completely. Upvoting several 4 year old ideas does not seem like a proper solution. If people at Microsoft, like yourself, know of these ideas for 4 years straight and they havent been addressed I am not very confident that these latest screw ups from the development team will be fixed soon enough. One thing is wanting a quality of life change by making a window resizeable. Another is wanting something to be fixed after it was ruined in one of your patches. I understand your workload is immense but fixing something you butchered should be taken as a priority.

It is no longer an "idea" or "suggestion", it is fixing you own mistakes. I will be very happy to see this particularly small issue fixed in the coming patches (just revert to what it was) as it would show Microsoft taking responsibility for its mistakes and addressing them in a timely manner.

Best wishes.

Very discouraging to see you posted this nearly 3 years ago and it hasn't changed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors