Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

simplimitch
Regular Visitor

SQL Azure dashboard not refreshing

I have connected Power BI up directly to SQL Azure DB and it works and refreshes as expected.

However the Items from the reports that I pin to the Dashboard aren't refreshing.

eg. If I click on the Dashboard item that says 3 it takes me to the report which says 6 which is what is in the DB.

1. A full page refresh doesn't get teh dashboard item to refresh
  2. If I repin the item to the dashboard it will show the new correct figure but the old one won't until a full page refresh is done.

Am i doing something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

The tiles usually take a little longer to refresh. The changes aren't immediate, did you check them again after a bit? The only reference to this delay that I've seen is on the AS Tabular connector, but I'd imagine it's the same. If not, be sure to post back.

Link:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/03/11/power-bi-analysis-services-connector-deep-dive.as...

Question/Answer from Link:

7. How do I keep my tiles connected to my on-premises AS server up-to-date?

Well, you don’t have to! We do it for you. We refresh these tiles every 10 minutes. You do not have to worry about tile refreshes.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Eno,

I tried waiting 10 mins for the refresh to the tile but no luck.

Also the Report isn't linked to an on premise AS server its connected directly to an SQL Azure DB.

Understood, the reference to the tabular was only because that was the only place that I had seen where there was documentation on how long it should take for the tiles to refresh. In reading across the forums, the tile refresh is an issue for some regardless of the data source. It's apparently a known issue that they are working on.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors