Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mafaber
Helper II
Helper II

SPOL folder to dataflow

Hi,

I'm trying to set up dataflows using SPOL files as datasources. What I do is I create the table in the desktop version then copy the M code from advanced editor to a blank query dataflow. It all works fine until I want to combine multiple files. Then I run into an error, even though Dataflows theoretically support SPOL folders based on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-data-sources#connecting-to-additional-da....

The error message is the following:

dataflow_err1.PNG

I'd really appreciate, if you could shine some light on what I do wrong.

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mafaber ,

Please refer to this case please.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataflows-refresh-gives-error-about-AzureStorage-BlobConten...

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft,

if I understand correctly, what I could use from that post is that I should check the credentials I use to access the datasource. But I think it's a different problem, individual files I can load without a problem from the same site, and I can also see the first few steps working while connecting to a list of files. The first step I see an error is the 'Removed other columns':

dataflow_err2.PNG

And after this step, the 'Expanded table columns' step results the error message I showed in the original post.

But still, I use no gateway and set up my credentials manually using the Windows Account I use for PBI and SPOL too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors