Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

terjesb

SAP HANA with username/password, not Kerberos

Hello. Any suggestions for how to force username/password instead of SSO/Kerberos for SAP HANA?

When trying to connect from PowerBI Desktop after using same server : port as gateway, I'm getting:

ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB DLL][HDBODBC] Communication link failure;-10709 Connection failed (RTE:[-1] Kerberos error. Major: "Miscellaneous failure [851968]", minor: " []" (X.X.X.X:30015))"

On-premises Gateway (on the same machine) shows as Connection Successful in Manage gateways. 

I'm seeing the same issue when trying the ODBC driver directly from PowerShell prompt. Stand-alone Windows Server 2016 on AWS, regular server, not in domain. Basic connectivity works fine. (Connection and SAP HANA queries works fine using same credentials on macOS and JDBC, so the user/access should be ok.)

Best,

Terje

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
terjesb

This was solved by changing from Windows to Database credentials in Edit Permissions under

File > Options and settings > Data source settings

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
terjesb

This was solved by changing from Windows to Database credentials in Edit Permissions under

File > Options and settings > Data source settings

Hi,

I am getting a similar issue when I run the BUILD for "hdbgrants" file. I am using MACOS and the path "File>Options and Setting>Data source settings" may not be same as on WINDOWS, may I know where did you access? I'll try to find something similar on MACOS.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 10.47.32.png

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 10.48.47.png

Is it somewhere on the Virtual Machine? 

I have been stuck with this issue for some time, could you elaborate a bit more please? 

Regards,

Shishir. P

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors