Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jansb000
Regular Visitor

SAP BW connectivity issue

I have been using SAP BW as a datasource without problems. Now I have to test several new user accounts to check if their authorization settings are correct. However I can't find a way to reset my own account settings. As soon as I have entered de BW server name, system number etc I get the list of cubes. Power BI assumes that I always want to login with my initial account.

Question: How can I reset this so I am able to login with another account?

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jansb000,

I am not familiar with SAP BW, however, based on this  blog, you should be able to change account setting in Power BI Desktop.

Please go to Files>Options and settings>Data source settings in Power BI Desktop, search for your SAP BW data source, click Edit Permissions in the following similar screenshot, click the Edit button on the Credentials screen and check if you can change the user name and password.
1.png

In addition, make sure that your Basis Administrator has disabled the Single Sign On option for your user account and enabled the Logon using Username/Password option.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors