Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

saagarkinja
Advocate I
Advocate I

SAP BW connectivity issue

Dear All,

I am trying to integrate and fetch data from SAP BW using Power BI SAP BW direct connector.

However,after some time it pops up below error message,

-------------

DataSource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse: SYSTEM_FAILURE No more memory available to add rows to an internal table.

Details:

DataSourceKind=SapBusinessWarehouse

DataSourcePath=10.199.4.28/01/921

ErrorCode=-2147467259

----------

I checked and shared with SAP BW Basis team. But they are putting blame on Power BI.

I need help.

If it is SAP BW issue, please let me know expected changes with facts. So, that I can share and take a stand.

If it is on my end, I will decrese the selection of columns.

Please help !

Thanks,
Saagar Kinja

22 REPLIES 22
Cheywork91
Frequent Visitor

Was there ever a resolution to this?

KL_SARA
Frequent Visitor

Hello Saagar,

I hope you're doing well.
I am facing the same issue while extracting fields from Cube(Object).

Connection with BW System has been done. But not able to extract data from BW system.

Here is the error message:

DataSource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse:

Error occurred when starting the parser: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV'

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

Best regards,

Sara

Hello everybody,

I'm facing exactly the same issue. I get list of SAP BW dimensions and facts, but when I try to query cube I ALWAYS get this error:

DataSource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse: Error occurred when starting the parser: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV'

Thanks for the help,

Zilvinas

Hi Zilvakas, 

Have you already found solution?

I also met this case and solved this with below way.

1. See OSS Note 1995588 . It descrives cause of error. ( But it's not intuitive rather confusing).

2. Place appropriate version of librfc32.dll on bin directory of BW server.(not client side)

Above note claims required dll shoud be 32bit but in my case we needed 64bit version.

3. After placement , you maybe come across with another timeout error coming from ABAP program compilation.

If so , after a second, you can try again and finally get data from BW. 

Hope this helps,

View discussion in a popup

saagarkinja
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi All,

Thanks for your response.

Please note,

1- As SAP BW is Primary DW for Org., SAP Basis team doesn't want to manipulate Default Table size. 

2- I tried minimizing the size of my query, still same issue. So, we shared a Frown to Power BI Desktop Support Team. The issue is under process.

I think, SAP BIW connector should not be used and referred when planned to connect for Stable Solution.

Let us wait for genral availability of preview connector.

Thanks,

Saagar Kinja

Hi Team,

I am facing the same issue while extracting fields from Cube(Object).

Connection with BW System has been done. But not able to fetch/extract data from BW system.

PFB the error:-

DataSource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse:

Error occurred when starting the parser: timeout during allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' Details: DataSourceKind=SapBusinessWarehouse DataSourcePath=10.40.1.41/00/100

ErrorCode=-2147467259

Please help me to correct this.

Thanks

Manish Arora

hi Manish,

i am now facing same issue..

may i know how u handle to solve it?

Hi,

is this has been solved? 

I have the same issue and the only thing that helped is to filter the periods of data... which if funny, because it is not enough and SAP BW is running it with no problem.

Why does the PBI cannot load this data size? 

Thanks

Marina

eikden
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue faced. Anyone already find out the solution to resolve this?

Hi,

Can you try with the latest Power BI Desktop release and see if the issue still reproduces?

Thanks!

Tristan St-Cyr

Hi Tristan,

I am getting below error while connecting to SAP BIW,

"Details: "Access to SAP Business Warehouse requires SAP client tools to be installed, including the latest version of SAP Netweaver RFC. See here for more information: https://aka.ms/kgu6rn""

I already downloaded SAP GUI 7.3 with latest patch available. As per SAP Basis team, it is already part of SAP GUI. So, no help.

Request your suggestion.

Thanks,
Saagar Kinja

Hi,

Can you make sure that the processor is the same for both installations (32-bit vs 64-bit)? If the architectures don't match, you might be able to find a standalone installer of the Netweaver RFC.

Thanks,

Tristan

I tried using the 64 bit file and now able to connect to SAP BIW.

This issue remains same, when I increase the period to more than 6 months it returns same error. Already tried filter's and other conditions.

Still no success. Frown is shared.

Please share if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Saagar Kinja

Hi Sagar,

"Access to SAP Business Warehouse requires SAP client tools to be installed, including the latest version of SAP Netweaver RFC. See here for more information: https://aka.ms/kgu6rn"

I am getting the same error. Could you provide details of how you resolved this error?

I have copied librfc32.dll in C:\Windows\System32 folder in Windows 7.

Regards,

Prasad

Dear Psakharshete,

The "Netweaver RFC Library Files" are available on SAP Support Portal. It can be easily downloaded and extracted.

Please note below points,

1-SAP GUI 64-bit is as normally not available. If yes in your organization, you install it and test it the issues will be resolved.

or,

2-Please install 32-bit SAP GUI and download and extract 64 bit Netweaver RFC file to system 32 folder. The issue will resolved.

or,

you send me en email. I will share the .zip file with you.

Thanks,

Saagar Kinja

saagar.kinja@gmail.com

Hi Sagar,

Could you please provide what exactly you did to resolve this error?

I am also getting this error:

"Access to SAP Business Warehouse requires SAP client tools to be installed, including the latest version of SAP Netweaver RFC.  See here for more information: https://aka.ms/kgu6rn"

I have copied librfc32.dll in C:\Windows\System32 folder. I'm on Windows 7.

Appreciate your input.

Regards,

Prasad

Aside from adding filters before adding more columns, I don't have a suggestion. Is this a query that you're usually able to fulfill with other tools? If so, can you tell us which ones? Can you check to make sure that the query returns the results in the same way?

Yes. I tried using SAP Lumira. It shows complete hierarchy structure of Customer information.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Saagar Kinja

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you clarify if you are in the Desktop or Service? I am assuming Desktop and are you using the SAP Hana Database connector, I do not see the specific one for SAP Business Warehouse. I guess, how are you connecting to it?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi Smoupre,

Thanks for your kind revert.

I am using Power BI SAP BW Direct connector (Preview) in Power BI Desktop. I am connected to domain and able to communicate with SAP BW server.

Post selecting desired measures and dimensions ( I selected 2 measures and 4 dimensions), is starts "Loading into Data Model".

After some time, it returns this error mentioned.

Please let me know, if any specifics required.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors