Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DavidMoss
Advocate V
Advocate V

SAP BW Connector SAP NetWeaver library SAP Support Portal

Great to hear the August '16 updates and the GA of SAP BW Connector.

Step 1 : so we need to install the SAP Netweaver library

Power BI is self service and we all know raising a ticket with the IT admins is slow.... So apart from the obvious solution to ask the SAP administrator I trying to get it directly.

Can someone post here the url of where we find the required SAP Netweaver library in the SAP Support Portal.

Both 32-bit and 64-bit please......

8 REPLIES 8
DW
Advocate I
Advocate I

i have everything installed and can login to bw via power bi but then i have the following issue

Screenshot_1.png

Dd u get a soultion on this ? Can you please let me know how you resolved it ?

Hi Team ,

I could connect Power BI to BW/4 HANA  but unable to preview the data .

It runs showing " Preview is evaluating" for almost 30 mins and then gives a dump " Datasource.Error: SAP Business Warehouse : Error occured when starting the parser: timeout duing allocate / CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPCMRCV' "

I am using Windows 10 (64 bit) , SAP GUI 740 ( 32 bit) ,Power BI (PBIDESKTOP 2.44.4675.422 32-bit ) , NWRFC_42-20004568 files 32 bit .

Regards,

Rajib

saagarkinja
Advocate I
Advocate I

Dear David,

The "Netweaver RFC Library Files" are available on SAP Support Portal. It can be easily downloaded and extracted.

Please note below points,

1-SAP GUI 64-bit is as normally not available. If yes in your organization, you install it and test it the issues will be resolved.

or,

2-Please install 32-bit SAP GUI and download and extract 64 bit Netweaver RFC file to system 32 folder. The issue will resolved.

or,

you send me en email. I will share the .zip file with you.

Thanks,

Saagar Kinja

saagar.kinja@gmail.com

Hello Everyone ,

I was trying to connect the SAP BW services via MS power BI Desktop version.(2.38.449.282 64 bit ),

I installed latest version SAP Net Weaver 7.3 and BW client tools . still I got an error message ("Details: "Access to SAP Business Warehouse requires SAP client tools to be installed, including the latest version of SAP Netweaver RFC.  See here for more information: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=824666"")

Can you please help me with this error ?

merago
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone,

I was able resolve the issue by copying below files in System32 folder.

c.       Librfc32u.dll
d.      Librfc32.dll
e.      Icudt34.dll
f.        Icuin34.dll
g.       Icuuc34.dll
h.      Libicudecnumber.dll
i.         Libsapucum.dll
j.        Libsapucum.lib
k.       Sapdecflculib.lib
l.         Sapnwrfc.dll
m.    Sapnwrfc.lib

after this i was able to view info cubes and BEx query. i tried establishing the power BI connection . i got below error message.

Any Idea!!!

.failed to save modifc to the server.JPG

Thank you,

Merago

merago
Frequent Visitor

Hello everyone,

I was able resolve the above issue by copying below DLL files in System32 folder.

c.       Librfc32u.dll
d.      Librfc32.dll
e.      Icudt34.dll
f.        Icuin34.dll
g.       Icuuc34.dll
h.      Libicudecnumber.dll
i.         Libsapucum.dll
j.        Libsapucum.lib
k.       Sapdecflculib.lib
l.         Sapnwrfc.dll
m.    Sapnwrfc.lib

after this i was able to view info cubes and BEx query. i tried establishing the power BI connection . i got below error message.

Any Idea!!!

.failed to save modifc to the server.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DavidMoss,

In your scenario, you can get SAP Netweaver library from the SAP Support Portal. Then you can take a look at this article: Microsoft Power BI and SAP BW Data Warehouse Connectivity step by step.  You can also take a look at this thread about finding SAP Netweaver library: https://scn.sap.com/thread/950318.  In my opinion, the best way is to get help from the SAP administrator.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors