Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hunter
Regular Visitor

Run Python Scripts on SQL server database that's on the on-premises gateway

Hello all,

Just joined the community, so I am sorry if I do not relay my message correctly. Anyways, I have an on-premises gateway setup to connect PowerBI to my native SQL Server DB (SSMS 2012). I am using SQL stored procedures to load my data into PowerBI and then passing parameters to the stored procedure. This all works fine, but now I want to manipulate the data with python, and I need to figure out how to establish a secure connection with python. Currently, I cannot run a python script on the loaded SQL data due to privacy/security issues (data combination error). 

I was wondering if anyone knew how to solve this problem, or how to add pandas dataframe as a secure datasource. Moreover, how can I make sure that the connection I'm using with pandas to manipulate my SQL data is secure as well? If there is any other solution that you think might work, please let me know.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@hunter,

Have you checked the following official article?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-python-scripts

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors