Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rad

Reporting test results from VSTS

Hi,

I'm trying how to report on test results stored in VSTS. Specifically I'm interested in a trend showing number of tests run per day (new test points in cube terms). I've connected to VSTS via the web UI and have the default dashboard, report and data set. I've tried creating a new report but I can't find any test related fields in the data source.

Would someone be able to point me to where I can find test results from VSTS? Is there a way to extend the data set?

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@rad,

Based on this official article, Test Results entity is not available in Power BI data model.

As a workaround, you can export the Test Results data from VSTS to Excel, then import Excel data to Power BI Desktop and analyze these data. For more details, please review this blog: http://www.toplinestrategies.com/blogs/bi/vsts-test-results-reporting-power-bi .

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for the reply. It is worrying. Based on that official article the VSTS connector hasn't been improved in nearly 2 years.

The workaround won't help with the report we need. You can only get the latest result that way. Tests are rerun for various reasons and this hides the previous runs. Anyway, I've found a way get that data out to excel by copying test runs with total test MTM but it's a lot more manual work than it should be.

@rad,

About this issue, you can submit an idea in this link. You can also vote up this similar idea.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors