Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Titanium
Frequent Visitor

Replace Data Source?

Hey,

Im using an excel file (with pivotmodel) as an data source for my Reports in Power Bi. Scheaduled data refreshes through Personal Gateway works fine but problem arises when i do changes to the pivot model (adds a table). The table doesnt show in Power Bi when i refresh the data source (But data is updated).

My first idea was to replace the data source with the "new" updated one but doest seems to work ,just get two data sources with the same name. Best practice would be......?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
markvsql
Resolver I
Resolver I

The following link has the instructions for replacing an existing file. There are also additional Notes on structural changes and how Power BI handles them. 

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/655108

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
markvsql
Resolver I
Resolver I

The following link has the instructions for replacing an existing file. There are also additional Notes on structural changes and how Power BI handles them. 

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/655108

That link doesn't go to any specific page, but instead redirects to a support welcome page (for me as a user in the UK, it's redirecting to a en-us support landing page).  

Here is a screenshot of what I see when I follow the link for a working solution

Capture.PNG

Thanks chicUser 🙂   

That's a helpful page indeed!

The one that's marked as the 'accepted solution' too knowledgebase/articles/655108 is the link that doesn't work for me. 

The link does not work, does you know how to solve this?

Thanks - that does it.  Too bad there doesn't seem to be an easy way to change a connection en masse - for instance, if you import a bunch of Access tables and then change the location of the Access file - seems like you have to either individually edit each query, or start over.

The link doesn't work anymore.. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors