Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bmarcowka
Helper I
Helper I

Repeating Record Values

I have a dataset of approximately 2.9m records that I am trying to find the records that have matching field values over the course of the preceding X (dynamic) number of days/weeks.  What would be the best way to just filter these specific records only? 

2 REPLIES 2
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @bmarcowka ,

My recommendation would be to select the field you want to check for duplicates, then run the GUI 'Keep Duplicates' function (Home tab > Keep Rows dropdown > Keep Duplicates).

Once PQ has generated the function for you, edit the table name within the Table.Group function wit a Table.SelectRows function to select your dates.

So you would go from seeing something like this in the formula bar:

BA_Pete_0-1632474986456.png

To something like this:

BA_Pete_1-1632475043797.png

In terms of your 'dynamic' requirement, PQ isn't really 'dynamic' in this way. I think the closest you would get to dynamic in PQ would be to have a separate query which only contains a date which can be referenced within a >, <, >=, <=, calculation within the Table.SelectRows function you added above.

Hope this makes sense.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

bchager6
Super User
Super User

This feels too easy, but wouldn't the remove dulplicates option under the Remove Rows drop down work? Or insert the below code in the advanced editor. The below example is for when you want to remove rows when values in columns 1 and 2 are duplicated.

= Table.Distinct(#"Previous Step", {"Column1", "Column2"})

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors