Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaveHowe
Regular Visitor

Remote access to Project Server Data via Odata Feed

Accessing Project Server data via Odata feed works when connected to the network, however when attempting to access remotely, the following error are returned for the corresponding authentication method:

Windows Authentication: "OData: the given URL neither points to an OData service or a feed"

Organizational Account: "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."

Is there a setting that controls whether or not remote access is allowed?  I know I am able to access other instances of Project Server data remotely via OData feed.  

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaveHowe 

First make sure your network is ok when connecting to the project server.

If it is project service online, please refer to the link below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-project-online-connect-to-data

If it is project service on premise, you need to set proxy connect to confirm your device can have access to the remote server.

After you publish to Power BI Service, you also need to set proxy for your gateway.

Configuring proxy settings for the on-premises data gateway

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/197762/get-data-from-sharepoint-folder-using-power-bi

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is Project Server (on-premise).  I am able to log in to PWA as well as open Project Pro connected to this PWA instance.  I can do everything a PWA administrator should be able to do.  The only thing I cannot do is get data using the Project Server Odata Data Feed in Power Query.  I have confirmed that the URL is correct as I can see the XML data when entertering the URL in a browser.  Again, other PWA administrators are able to access the Odata Feed data when connected directly to the network.  SInce I am an external user, I do not have direct access to the network.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors