Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ailon

Refresh of files from OneDrive for Business after switch to 2-factor authentication

I have a bunch of datasets from ODB that I added months or years ago, and then I switched 2-factor authentication on my O365 account. Now I have exclamation marks on all of these datasets claiming that it can't refresh from OneDrive for Business. I can add new datasets just fine, so it's not like it can't access my ODB in general, but it seems like something needs to be updated to handle datasets that were added before the 2FA switch. I can't find that something, though.

What am I missing?

Thank you!

Alan.

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@ailon wrote:

I have a bunch of datasets from ODB that I added months or years ago, and then I switched 2-factor authentication on my O365 account. Now I have exclamation marks on all of these datasets claiming that it can't refresh from OneDrive for Business. I can add new datasets just fine, so it's not like it can't access my ODB in general, but it seems like something needs to be updated to handle datasets that were added before the 2FA switch. I can't find that something, though.

What am I missing?

Thank you!

Alan.

@ailon

Did you add the data via "get data"->"other"->"web" in Power BI Desktop? Could you try to update the datesets credential in Power BI Service?

Hi @Eric_Zhang

The problem is not with data sources in the dataset (those refresh fine) but in the actual pbix files. All the data in my reports in the Power BI service is successfully refreshed every day (most coming from SQL Azure), but if I change something in my PBIX (add or change a report or something) it won't be picked up.

Just today I got a bunch of emails like "[filename].pbix OneDrive refresh disabled" for all my files in ODB.

Theoretically I could probably re-add these files and it will work, but I'll lose all of my Dashboard this way (as far as I undrestand) so I would really love to avoid that.

Alan.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors