Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

euthor
Frequent Visitor

Refresh issues: editing excel data source

Hi all,

as I am trying to refresh PowBI after having incremented the number of rows over 1 excel file (currently using 32 different files on this PowBI file), but since I did I can no longer have an appropriate refresh. Here's the error message I am getting:

"Load was canceled by an error in loading a previous table".

I already tried with changing data source (data source settings) but the error keeps top pop out.

Is there any viable solution which does not require to completely re-upload all the 32 files? 

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@euthor,

I suspect that all the queries in your PBIX file use data from the deleted Excel file, please go to Advanced Editor of your queries, replace the old Excel file with new Excel file in the code.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@euthor,

When you add rows in source Excel files, it doesn't require to change data source in Power BI Desktop.

You should give other detailed error messages except the above error message in Power BI Desktop during the refresh, please post all error messages here for us to troubleshoot.  

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

Here's the complete list of errors which occur when I try to refresh the PowBI file:

Could not find file 'F:\CrossOrg\Sales_and_Marketing\Business Intelligence\ENTRY POINT 2011\NPD\Scarico weekly BI\Weekly Master Report_PowBI [light version].xlsx'.

Load was cancelled by an error in loading a previous table.

The first one is about a file which is no longer needed to be a data source for the PowBI file, so I deleted it. Although the error message for the rest of the 33 excel files loaded keeps the same.

Let me please know what can I do to fix it.

Regards

@euthor,

I suspect that all the queries in your PBIX file use data from the deleted Excel file, please go to Advanced Editor of your queries, replace the old Excel file with new Excel file in the code.

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

@v-yuezhe-msft

Thank you very much Lydia,

now everything is working fine and all reports are updated!

As I am new to PBI I am a bit lost, but now I am starting to figure it out how it works 🙂

Thanks for your precious help!

Best Regards,

Euthor

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors