Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tmarton
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh doesn't work on even a small file

So I have a file 4MB and around 143000 rows with 4 columns but I can't get it to refresh in 120 minutes when I publish it. The connection to the dataset is done with Odata feed and list it as Dynamics online. This is my first rodeo so any help you can give would be appreciated. Applying query changes seems to generally take a longtime too so I am not certain if it is my datasets or my c

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Enable Power Query Performance Diagnostics on your M script and see where it takes the longest.  Any filters specified in the ODATA connection?

running the performance analyzer now, no filters I know of but nit sure how to check.

Hi @tmarton 

If the refresh progress lasts for a long time, you could open "Task manager"->Power BI Desktop, end task for the "Micrsoft Mashup evalution", this would close the refresh progress.

Then you can configure incremental refresh for your data in Power Bi which would improve refresh performance.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-incremental-refresh

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors