Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Brandaris
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh does not work

Hello,

When I open a PBIX and want to refresh everything, Power BI crashes and the error message I get is this:

Information: Preview refresh was canceled.
If you have disabled the downloading of data previews in the background,
this is expected since only one preview will be allowed to refresh at a given time.
This has no impact on your loaded data.
To see the result of this query, please manually refresh the preview in the Power Query Editor.

Very irritating because all queries have to be refreshed one by one every day.... 😞

Is there a smart way to fix this?

Thank you very much!

5 REPLIES 5
FahimehMcG
Regular Visitor

Any luck on this issue? 

My File was working absolutely fine with auto schedule refresh and out of the sudden, today started getting failures messages. 

I open the file and trying to refresh but it get stuck and comes with more error messages. 

I need to go to the Query editor to refresh all Queries to make sure all updates are pulled through the front end and to be ready for re-publishing to our users dashboard. 

So frustrating. Appreciate any help please. 

Thanks

Brandaris
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Ibendlin,

Thanks for your reaction.

I have the latest version of Power BI Desktop, but the problem still remails. There are Questionmarks in front of the queryname en when I give a mouseclick on it, the problem is solved and the refreshing procedure is running again.

Kind regards,

Brandaris

Do any of your colleagues have the same issue?

Yes, they have got the same issue. 

PBIX files that didn't have any problem before, show the same error now after starting "refresh"....

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The Power Query preview doesn't usually impact the refresh behavior.  Check that you have the latest version of Power BI, and clear all caches.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors