Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jjl007
Frequent Visitor

Refresh data set from Excel Table - Drill-down field in visual not changed

After searching the community posts, I could not find a solution to this issue. It seems simple, but maybe not.  I am in Desktop BI where I have three tables; two are related and the third is independent and used for different time frame from first data set.  When I drill down in a visual I see that one field has an old Note term (e.g. "Top Six Sal Adj") and it should say just "Salary Adj."  So, I went back to my Excel table (9K records) and using drop-down on the Note field and found the Top Six Sal Adj line; then changed it to just "Salary Adj;" then saved the Excel.  Then in BI Desktop I have the same report page open as before and the visual is active showing Drill-down with "Top Six Sal Adj", and I click Refresh. All the sources are shown refreshing. But ... the Top Six Sal Adj note remains in my visual drill-down even though I changed it in my source Excel table.  Does this issue have anything to do with the fact that I am using Drill Down (hierarchy)??  Thanks for any help on this.  Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jjl007,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. You can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members would benefit from your solution.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jjl007
Frequent Visitor

Solution Found.  I made change in wrong Excel table (the original table of data instead of the "final" table.

Jeff

Hi @jjl007,

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. You can accept your reply as solution, that way, other community members would benefit from your solution.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors