Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tsanka
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Refresh data from on-premise multidimensional SSAS

Hi guys,

My personal gateway is up and running (refreshing data with on premise MS SQL datasource).

I am trying to schedule a refresh of a power bi data with on premise SSAS multidimensional datasource and I cannot do this as when I try to set the scheduled refresh there is no info for the gateway status and there is no datasource for which credentials to be supplied.

SSAS_Refresh.png

Please advise. Refresh of multidimensional on-premise SSAS is said to be a supported scenario (Refresh data in Power BI) so obviously I am missing something

Thanks

Tsanka

5 REPLIES 5
PowerBIGuy
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Tsanka, have you tried re-entering your credentials? Also what authentication type did you choose within your pbix file?

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

Thank you, @PoweBIGuy, for trying to help me.

I am using Windows authentification for SSAS (I think SSAS does not support basic one)

For the SSAS datasource I am not able to re-enter my credentials and the service cannot refresh the datasource:

Case1.png

If I import/publish a report with MS SQL datasource, everything is okay - the information about the gateway and a place where to reenter the credentials.

Case2_.png

May it be something related to the SSAS - settings, version? Is MS SQL 2012 Standard 64 supported?

Thanks

Tsanka

I have tried anything that came to my mind - alternative credentials, SSAS server with the full domain name (server.abc.com), etc. and yet - the same result.

Obviously there is an issue with the authentification.

Is there anybody who is doing refresh of a multidimensional on-premise SSAS datasource in app.powerbi.com?

Thanks

Tsanka

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar issue trying where the data gateway option is disabled.     What am I missing?   I am able to refresh a SQL Server dataset just fine.   This one an SSAS source and a SQL Server Source.

GatewaySSAS.GIF

Tsanka
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Just to add that the above behaviour is seen when the pbix is published from the Power BI desktop. If the file is imported, I observe the same error as @paul_pelletier (http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Analysis-Services-refresh-problem/m-p/82...

Please advise how to refresh data from on-premise SSAS multidimensional datasource.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors