Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Priya19
Frequent Visitor

Refresh button and project online integration

Hi there

I am new to PowerBI. Can anyone help me with the below questions. 

1. I imported an Excel file from local drive to PowerBI web app and was able to create reports. When I made changes to the excel and save in local drive and tried to refresh from PowerBI, the changes are not reflected in the reports. Should the excel be published before the changes can reflect? Is there any way that we can still use the local file and get the changes reflected? 

2. I am trying to integrate PowerBI with Project online. I added the Project online App in PowerBI web app and could see the auto generated reports. But the table data are very confusion. I don't see all the fields that I do have in the Project online. How do I get the right fields to bring the reports as I wanted? 

Any help here is highly appreciated. 

Thank you

Priya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Priya19 

1. regarding Power BI Refresh, please refer to the followings:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data

In a brief, you need to connect to local file/data source with Power BI Desktop, then publish to Power BI Service,

next you would install a on-premise gateway and add your source under it,

finally, with a configurationfor schedule refresh, your reports would update at some certain times.

2. check if the account which you use to sign in Project on power bi side is the same with that you use on Project side.

Also, the report needs manual refresh(refresh now selection) or schedule refresh. since it is online, it doesn't need a gateway.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Priya19 

1. regarding Power BI Refresh, please refer to the followings:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-data

In a brief, you need to connect to local file/data source with Power BI Desktop, then publish to Power BI Service,

next you would install a on-premise gateway and add your source under it,

finally, with a configurationfor schedule refresh, your reports would update at some certain times.

2. check if the account which you use to sign in Project on power bi side is the same with that you use on Project side.

Also, the report needs manual refresh(refresh now selection) or schedule refresh. since it is online, it doesn't need a gateway.

Best Regards

Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Maggie,

Thank you so much for the details. Very helpful. I am in process of getting it working. 

Kind Regards

Priya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors