Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

barakb32
Advocate I
Advocate I

Refresh Project Online OData

Hello,

I am trying to refresh a report built on Project Online OData with the new Power BI.

I use Power BI Desktop to connect to the OData and generate a pbix file.

I go to my Power BI site and upload the file.

I go to the new dataset: when I click on Schedule Refresh - everything is grayed out. When I click on Refresh Now - I get a message that I need to set credentials to the datasource, which is impossible since the Manage Data Source section s grayed out.

Regards,

Barak

5 REPLIES 5
jessicaf31
Helper I
Helper I

Same problem !!

siqbal

Hi, 

I am also have same issue, No Option to Refresh the data on Power BI Web. 

Please help me is that some user rights issue or something other?

MoorsTech
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi barakb32,

it seems to me that Odata-Refresh in PBI is generally quite buggy at the moment.
Have you created the Odata-Feed yourself and what kind of authentication is setup on the feed?

I have tested quite a few combinations and the one thing that is sorta-kinda (sometimes) working right now is to setup basic-authentication on the server serving the Odata-Feeds. Mind you, after changing the server setup you'll have reupload the .pbix file with authentication enabled. 

Grettings,
Lukas 

hey Barakb32,

Have you downloaded the personal gateway? You need to do that before you will be able to set up refresh for your on-prem files.

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/649846-power-bi-personal-gateway

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi Eno1978,

This is what I read on the link you attached:

Online data sources

A Power BI Personal Gateway is not required in order to refresh datasets that get data only from an online data source.

REFRESH NOW and SCHEDULE REFRESH are supported without a Gateway for datasets uploaded from:

• Microsoft Excel 2013 (or later) workbooks where Power Query or Power Pivot is used to connect to and query data from an online data source.
  • Microsoft Power BI Desktop files where Get Data is used to connect to and query data from an online data source

OData is Online, so personal gateway is not required.

Regards,

Barak

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors