Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brakmaar
Frequent Visitor

Refresh Facebook Data

Hello,

I have created several reports using Facebook connector for different pages I would like to monitor.
These reports are using the same kind of data for each page. I have 5 tables in each report with 1 query to Facebook, which means that there are 5 connections to the Facebook API in each file.

Everything is working fine in Power BI Desktop but I have issues when I try to refresh the reports in PBI service.

If I import 1 file and schedule the refresh, everything is working fine but if I try to import more than 1 file and try to refreh all of them then the refresh fails and I have this error : The credentials provided for the Facebook source are invalid. (Source at https://graph.facebook.com/.).

Also, if I import only 1 file and refresh this file in PBI Desktop, the scheduled refresh in PBI Service fails too.

Any way to make this work ?

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

I managed to get it working by using only one query to get all the data instead of having 5 different queries. Seems to be ok now.

Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @brakmaar,

What do you mean that “import 1 file”? And does the refresh success in Power BI Service when you import 1 file? Based on your description, you have different comments about refresh when you import 1 file.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

By "import 1 file" I mean import 1 report created in PBI Desktop into PBI service (or publish it from Desktop to Service).
The refresh in PBI Service is then successful (scheduled refresh too) but it seems that if I use the report in PBI Desktop (i.e if I refresh it manually) then it cannot refresh anymore in Service and I have this error about credentials being invalid.

Hi @brakmaar,

I am not able to reproduce your issue, when I connect to facebook in Power BI Desktop, codes are generated in Advanced Editor as follows.

let
    Source = Facebook.Graph("https://graph.facebook.com/v2.8/me/posts")
in
    Source

After you publish PBIX file to Power BI Service and schedule refresh for the dataset, Power BI Service directly retrieve refreshed data from facebook without going to look through the PBIX file on your local disk, it has no impact on the schedule refresh when you refresh data in PBIX file.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello,

I managed to get it working by using only one query to get all the data instead of having 5 different queries. Seems to be ok now.

Thanks for the help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors