Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bahalzamon
Helper I
Helper I

Refresh/Apply Extremely Slow

I have looked and attempted several of the speeding up suggestions on here and made my queries as simple as possible.

on the final query it loaded 1 row in about 30+ min of a 1,000 record set which is just insane.

Everything was running "fine" (extremely slow still but tolerable of 5-10 min) until I expanded a couple columns on the ALL query, which I would not do as I have noticed that makes it take insanely longer but I need the columns joined for the report.

Yes im sure there is an easier way, but I know SQL not DAX and how it does most things seems to take a ton of time for every little step.

Full Explination of Queries: All from SharePoint Online List

All: Dispositions, left join Acquisitions, left join Rehabs
Acquisitions: Append of Pre-Acquisition and Post-Acquisition
Pre-Acquisition: 37k table with 1 filtered column of text containing "Acquisition" and removal of all but 11 columns
Post-Acquisition: 20 table with 1 filtered column of text containing "Acquisition" and removal of all but 11 columns
Dispositions: Append of Pre-Disposition and Post-Disposition
Pre-Disposition: 37k table with 1 filtered column of text containing "Disposition" and removal of all but 10 columns
Post-Disposition: 20 table with 1 filtered column of text containing "Disposition" and removal of all but 10 columns
Rehabs: Append of Pre-Rehab and Post-Rehab
Pre-Rehab: 37k table with 1 filtered column of text containing "Rehab" and removal of all but 4 columns
Post-Rehab: 20 table with 1 filtered column of text containing "Rehab" and removal of all but 4 columns

I can provide some code once its "Apply query changes" actually goes away despite the fact that I hit cancel about an hour ago.

Maybe I am missing something but this query within SSMS/SSRS took about 10 seconds and about 30 in Access, maybe I am missing something major here but how is this any real business solution when I am only running 40k records and extremely simple queries.

Please prove me wrong, I really want to use this tool, but I am unsure how despite days of redoing these queries. =(

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VSrujana
Frequent Visitor

@Bahalzamon 
Can you try to check if the join can be avoided with the help of relationships.

Secondly, please try clearing the Power BI cache.

Thirdly, Check the space in your system.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VSrujana
Frequent Visitor

@Bahalzamon 
Can you try to check if the join can be avoided with the help of relationships.

Secondly, please try clearing the Power BI cache.

Thirdly, Check the space in your system.

Thanks

It ended up being something I could do through relationships.

I am still fairly new to PowerBI and it does seem to be a weird way to go about things, but yeah I got there eventually.

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bahalzamon ,

How much time if you only expand a few columns of all table or expand them after filter to a limited rows? Could you please also try to disable the feature "Auto Detched column type" in the Options - Current File - Data Load - Type Detection? 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors