Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lovebo01
Helper I
Helper I

Refer another table in query editor

Hello, I have a table with some date :

Table Orders

ValueDate Order
2017-07-2017
1223-08-2020

I want to filter the date dynamically with another table where I have only one value :

Table StopDate

DateToStop
01-08-2017

So I want to change in the query editor :

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each [Date Order] <= #date(2017, 1, 8))

By something like :

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each [Date Order] <= #date('StopDate[DateToStop]))

How is it possible ?

Thank you for your help,

Lovebo,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, @Lovebo01 , the syntax is like this

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each [Date Order] <= StopDate[DateToStop]{0}))

or equally

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each [Date Order] <= StopDate{0}[DateToStop]))

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, @Lovebo01 , the syntax is like this

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each [Date Order] <= StopDate[DateToStop]{0}))

or equally

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns", each [Date Order] <= StopDate{0}[DateToStop]))

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I expected !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors