Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

melpbi
Frequent Visitor

Redshift dataset refresh not working properly

Dear Power BI Community,

It's nice to greet you all :)!

Lately i'm having an issue with my data from Redshift: I have a dataset connected to Amazon Redshift both in Power BI Desktop and  scheduled in the Power BI Service. Both of them were working fine until 2-3 weeks ago when they started to show always the same data after refreshing even though in Redshift I have the data updated. Also, it doesn't show me any error message so I don't know were the problem is...

Is there any issue with the Redshift connector that i'm not aware of?

Thank you for your time and kind regards.

Edit: I have just seen that there is an "Issues" forum, maybe this should be there and not here (but I don't know how to move it sorry >_<).

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@melpbi ,

What is your Power BI Desktop version? Do you also get old data after refreshing report in Power BI Desktop? If so, could you please re-connect to the Amazon Redshift data source in a new PBIX file and then check if the issue still occurs?

Regards,

Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft! Thank you for your reply.

This is the version i'm running: 2.66.5376.2521 64-bit (february, 2019).

Yes, I get the old data. This has happened twice now: I'm looking for weekly sales in my dataset and I should have the first 9 weeks of this year but I only have until week 8. Last time it happened to me I was in week 8 but I only could get data until week 6; this was fixed when I ran the dataset in a new file after some times trying it, but is not always working... I tried to re-connect to the source in a new file some times and I'm still having this issue (I only get data until week 😎 😞

Thanks and kind regards.

@melpbi ,

Do you apply any filters to your current Power BI report?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-yuezhe-msft,

I don't apply any filters when I get the data :(. This issue is kind of weird because it doesn't always happen. For example this week I got all the data... So... right now it's fine I guess?

Thank you and kind regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors