Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krishna09
Helper III
Helper III

Record in an attribute column. "This step is evaluated outside the datasource".

Hello,

I am creating a dataflow to import sharepoint file data to dataverse.

In the process, I have clicked on record in attribute column. from then In my applied steps , it shows "This step is evaluated outside the datasource".

Now I want to know what will this effect?

2. how to change it to normal?

3. I am trying to import this data to an existing dataverse table. Will this effect the process?

Krishna09_0-1667553609187.png

Krishna09_1-1667553651346.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Krishna09 The meaning of the Step is that the Query will not fold and all the of transformations will be performed inside Power Query, for example if you connect Power Query to a Database then some steps of PQ can be computed in the database itself like GROUP BY, Selecting, Removing columns, multiplication, etc. this improves the performance as Databases are more optimized for these operations, so it is recommended that Query Should fold as much as it can in a database.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Krishna09
Helper III
Helper III

@AntrikshSharma Thank you fo your explaination.

AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Krishna09 The meaning of the Step is that the Query will not fold and all the of transformations will be performed inside Power Query, for example if you connect Power Query to a Database then some steps of PQ can be computed in the database itself like GROUP BY, Selecting, Removing columns, multiplication, etc. this improves the performance as Databases are more optimized for these operations, so it is recommended that Query Should fold as much as it can in a database.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors