Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recall list value

I have a table which has dynamic date value column  having only one value( AS_OF_DATE - 04/30/2020 ) this should be recalled and filter the data in another table.

What is the best approach to recall this value in another table in Mquery.

I have created a list for AS_OF_DATE and recalled in te Mquery ,however its not working as expected. 

Here is the sampple code:

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns1", each ([PROCESS_DATE] = AS_OF_DATE))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Follow @ziying35 's instruction:

Import AS_OF_DATE from the table or area into the query and name the query AS_OF_DATE

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ziying35
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,@Anonymous 

Import AS_OF_DATE from the table or area into the query and name the query AS_OF_DATE, then add a line of code as follows:

=Table.FirstValue(Source)

Then you can use that code you wrote to reference it normally in other queries

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not familar with Mquery. Please advise.

Here is the condition applied after converting the as of date as table. But its throwing empty table.

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns1", each ([PROCESS_DATE] = Table.FirstValue(AS_OF_DATE)))

Follow @ziying35 's instruction:

Import AS_OF_DATE from the table or area into the query and name the query AS_OF_DATE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot .Its working fine.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use the query name as the source, specify the [AS_OF_DATE]  column, and the first row as {0}

Let's say the query is called "Current" 

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Renamed Columns1", each ([PROCESS_DATE] = Current[AS_OF_DATE]{0}))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors