Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hector3315
Frequent Visitor

Real time at power bi reports and bi structure

Hellow everyone.

I'm new here and we are thinking how to deploy our bi structure.

We have seen some videos where microsoft get data in a live way and we were wondering how to do that. We think our structure has to have something like this picture:

foto.png

Untill now, we were using the power bi inform to the sql server database directly that is something that is so wrong because when we use it in directquery it takes a lot of time and when we use import the machine ram turns out because it is a big amount of data. We did this because we thought that was the most directly way to do it but this doesn't work

So the question is. Could you tell me which is the best way to do this(if it is possible and the best way using SSAS)?

If I'm right we should conect as in the picture for example through SSAS but at the end how we get the real time? i mean can i make that my SSAS conects in live with my sqlserver without overcharge it ?

A lot of thanks to all the respones Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hector3315,

Actual real time dashboards is getting data from Microsoft Power BI REST API or Microsoft Stream Analytics. For more information, see:

Real-time dashboards

Real-time streaming in Power BI (Preview)

Regarding the DirectQuery or Live connection, as it's a direct connection between Power BI and the database, there is no need to schedule refresh. When we interact with the visualizations, updated data will display. See: Live connections and DirectQuery to on-premises data sources.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hector3315,

Actual real time dashboards is getting data from Microsoft Power BI REST API or Microsoft Stream Analytics. For more information, see:

Real-time dashboards

Real-time streaming in Power BI (Preview)

Regarding the DirectQuery or Live connection, as it's a direct connection between Power BI and the database, there is no need to schedule refresh. When we interact with the visualizations, updated data will display. See: Live connections and DirectQuery to on-premises data sources.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors