Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kratchie
Frequent Visitor

RESTAPI - How can I fetch data from two XMLS and combine it?

Hi all,

I'm struggling to solve this. You maybe have any suggestion how to solve this in best way?

SETUP:

I have two XML files from REST API, one of them contains ID's with delimiters which has been splitted into three columns and other XML file contains NAME of ID for example https://microsoft.com/API/ID/e23t5grecw321 there I can get object name.

WHAT I WANT:

I want to have all object names in one and same table together with first XML import (ID's in three columns) if possible?

SOLUTION?

Is it possible to import two XML's into one and same column and then use string to get values from Column1, 2, 3, 4 and use it together with address and in any way fetch attribute from XML file to fill it directly in new columns?

OR 

Import XML to First table "TABLE_A"

Here I have three columns that contains ID (Column 1, Column 2, Column 3)

Import XML to Second table "TABLE_B"

Here I'm getting name of object with link+ID

Fetch values from TABLE_A to TABLE_B in new columns and here use a address string to fill up object names of all ID's in new columns. After this fetch back to TABLE A in any way.

Hope everything is clear, if not don't hesitate to ask me! 

Have a great weekend

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

please provide samples of the two XML files and indicate the expected result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors