Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RESOLVED SharePoint gateway issue OData Version: 3 and 4, Error: The remote server returned an error

As of July 1, 2020 the dataflows that connected to on-prem SharePoint 2010 lists through a gateway were no longer working for our company.

I thought it might have been a username/password issue but that did not help.

The error that occurs everytime our scheduled refresh runs is:

An exception occurred: Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Resources.HttpResource: Request failed: 
OData Version: 3 and 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (NOT FOUND)
OData Version: 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (NOT FOUND)
OData Version: 3, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (NOT FOUND) (Session ID: 6c8dbed0-ba7d-4c87-9c92-736bbd4d0193)

I updated the gateway software to the latest version and that still did not help!!

solution:

Finally, I decided to test a connection to SharePoint from Power BI desktop and it worked.  I noticed that the connection worked but looked a little different than the connection on Power BI Online when viewed using Advanced Editor

It looks like the initial connection in power query was somehow updated from version 14 to version 15:

Source = SharePoint.Tables("http://sharepointroot/mysubsite", [ApiVersion = 15])

After I changed the 15 back to 14 everything started working again.

If you are experiencing the same problem, double-check your ApiVersion and make sure it hasn't been updated.
5 REPLIES 5
CristianGiraldo

Spanish

Hola, tuve el mismo error, lo resolvi de la siguiente forma como una solucion temporal, no es una solucion tecnica:

1- Descargue de la ruta sharepoint una copia del archivo a mi disco duro, y conecte el documento a Power BI de forma local.

2- Una vez conectado el archivo de forma local, procedi a cambiar el origen de los datos desde Power Query pero esta vez pegando la ruta del archivo que esta en sharepoint, la cual estaba generando el problema con el conector de "Carpeta Sharepoint".

Descargue el Archivo Local y luego hice lo de la Imagen.PNG

y listo, cierro y actualizo y el archivo queda conectado al origen de datos desde sharepoint

FergusN
Frequent Visitor

Hi 

I am getting the same error - is there any resolution ? My URL works fine if I click on it. I am trying to connect to a folder in Sharepoint to pick up a file 

Details:Unexpected exception in query "<pi>Query</pi>", Message: <pi>DataSource.Error: Microsoft.Mashup.Engine1.Library.Resources.HttpResource: Request failed: OData Version: 3 and 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Not Found) OData Version: 4, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Not Found) OData Version: 3, Error: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. (Not Found)</pi>

Thanks

Tiber14

Hi!

Switching API to 14 helped with removing the OData errors.

But now I have this error instead.. 

Tiber14_0-1661865161971.png

What would the solution be for this? 

have you fixed this? I have the same errors

v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I wonder which connector you are using to connect to sharepoint sites. Sharepoint is a cloud service which you don't need a gateway to connect to. The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge. It provides quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data, which is data that isn't in the cloud, and several Microsoft cloud services. 

I tested with 'sharepoint folder'

d1.png

d2.png

d3.png

It works properly. My [ApiVersion] is 15. If the issue still exist, you may create a support ticket here .

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors