Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

R visual not working on Embedded Power BI

Hello,

I have created a R visual (scatterplot) that is working in the desktop app but when I publish it in the embedded app the visual is not loading with the below error message.

Capture3.PNG

The rest of the visuals are working and I am running out of ideas with this one.

thanks a lot,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @Anonymous,

Check out the article here. It provides some details on using R visuals in PowerBI Embedded.

If you are using the "Publish to Web" feature in PBI then R visuals are not supported yet.

Hope this helps,

Alan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @Anonymous,

Check out the article here. It provides some details on using R visuals in PowerBI Embedded.

If you are using the "Publish to Web" feature in PBI then R visuals are not supported yet.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @alanhodgson, thanks for the quick reply.

I know that the powerbi service does not support so far the R visuals, I am trying to publish them as part of a report to an embedded application. I have seen the article you send, to tell you the truth it is not clear to me what step 3 means

"3. Embed the report into the application using the REST API and Javascript code" Is there any other way?

@Anonymous, As far as I know, there is no other way available. You'll need to go through it before moving on.
Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-chuncz-msft

This was exactly what I was doing. for some reason though although the graph was working in the desktop when embedded it produced an error. I managed to pin the error to the specific SQL table, I used a different table and the graph works...

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors