Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quickly Filter Out Salesforce Object Fields

I have recently connected to Salesforce Object, however my opportunity or account object consist alot of fields. Is there a way to quickly filter out the object fields without writing any advance editior syntax ? 

The current way that I am doing is by manually removing the object one by one and it is very time consuming.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous,

In Query Editor of Power BI Desktop, you can use "Choose Column" option to select the columns that you want to reserve.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The easiest way is to use the choose columns interface/remove other columns as this allows you to search for the columns you want easier than removing one by one.

Also if you include this at the start of your query, some query folding does happen in some cases but I havent worked out enough to say for sure what causes it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share a screenshot on how you select and search the object field ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Thomas can you show with a screenshot how do I filter out ?

@Anonymous,

In Query Editor of Power BI Desktop, you can use "Choose Column" option to select the columns that you want to reserve.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

would the hidden columns still be part of the refresh or will it save 'space' and not have them synchronize into the pbix file?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors