Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EricC
Frequent Visitor

Quickbooks Online - Unable to select which client's data I want to import

I have a few questions related to the integration with QB Online. When I click get data the first time in power BI service, I then click QB Online and I'm guessing because it's already linked, it just continually loads in the same client, I can never choose which client's data I want to actually import.

Second question, During the import of this client data it takes about 30 minutes to fully import, is that standard? Compared to the import for the PowerBI Desktop it is much slower...

Finally, I like the content pack on the PowerBI Service, how can I use the content pack in the PowerBI Desktop?

Thank you for your help,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@EricC,

Delete the Quickbooks Online dataset in Power BI Service, clear cache and password in your browser,  then re-connect to the content pack and check if you can choose company.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
abatahir
Helper I
Helper I

there no online to link QB in online powerbi

karaoan
Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Hi @EricC 

The Standard connector to Power BI has a number of limitations e.g. not really built for multi entity analysis/consolidation, slow refresh speeds etc. 

A way around this is using solutions like Clear Jelly (www.clearjelly.net) that enable you to automatically integrate and consolidate one or multiple entities even from different accounting systems (Xero, Quickbooks, Sage etc.) and load them in a cloud based data repository optimized for analysis. This typically gives you much better performance,  options to do proper consolidation as well as with Clear Jelly also budgeting and planning features. 

You can trial it for free - maybe it covers what you are looking for. Of course more than happy to assist with questions.

Martin

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@EricC,

Firstly, as per this article, there is no option to choose client when connecting to QuickBooks Online in Power BI Service.

Secondly, QuickBooks Online content pack in Power BI Service provides you predefined dashboard and reports, it would take long time to load the dashboard and reports when there is large amount data in your source.

Thirdly, after you connect to QuickBooks Online content pack in Power BI Service, you can connect to the dataset in Power BI Desktop following the guide in this article.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Step 6 says "

Select the company you would like to connect to Power BI in the next screen.

"

So are you saying you can only choose the client when you initially connect to QuickBooks Online and not any subsequent time? If so is there a way to "clear your credentials" so you can remove the connection and then reconnect to then select a different company?

Also, thank you for the answers to the other two parts, very helpful!

@EricC,

Delete the Quickbooks Online dataset in Power BI Service, clear cache and password in your browser,  then re-connect to the content pack and check if you can choose company.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors