Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query taking forever to load

let
    url = "https://materialplv.es/wp-json/wc/v3/orders",

get_one = (url as text,n as number) as any =>
    let 
        result = try Table.FromRecords(Json.Document(Web.Contents(url&"?per_page=15&page="&Number.ToText(n)))) otherwise -1
    in 
        result,
    get_em_all = (tabla as table,url as text,n as number) =>
    let
        get_next = get_one(url,n),
        result = if get_next<>-1 then @get_em_all(tabla&get_next,url,n+1) else tabla
    in 
        result,
    Origen = get_em_all(get_one(url,1),url,2)
in
    Origen

This piece of code takes forever to load for something which should be pretty simple. Idk why. also I am suppoused to pass a header called rel with the value "next" to web contents, in order to get the next page instead of trying to build it manually, but when i do I get an error telling me that that paramenter its allowed only when conected anonimously and most of the data I require from that API is only accesible via authentication.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

The "authentication" is baked into the Power Query code itself through the API key, so setting the authentication method to anonymous works perfectly in Power BI desktop.

Solved: Anonymous access - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot do that, because with anonymous cretentials, the API restricts the access to some necesary data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors