Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Umair_Aslam
Helper I
Helper I

Query referenced calculated table which does not hold any data

Hi everyone!

I am facing this issue "the query referenced calculated table which does not hold any data because the evaluation of the rows caused an error"

Please help me if anyone knows about it.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jaweher899
Super User
Super User

This error message typically occurs when a calculated table in Power BI is referenced in a query, but the evaluation of the expression used to create the table has resulted in an error. The calculation in the calculated table is either invalid or there is a problem with the data it references.

Here are a few steps to help resolve the issue:

1. Check the expression used to create the calculated table: Ensure that the expression is valid and that all the required columns are present and correctly referenced.

2. Verify the data sources: Make sure that the data sources used in the expression are valid and accessible.

3. Check the relationships: Ensure that the relationships between tables are correctly defined and that the calculated table is referencing the correct columns.

4. Refresh the data: Try refreshing the data sources used in the expression to make sure that the data is up-to-date.

5. Debug the expression: If the issue persists, use the Debug mode in Power BI Desktop to step through the expression and identify the issue.

If you're still unable to resolve the issue, please provide more information about your setup, including the expression used to create the calculated table and any related error messages. This will help provide a more detailed answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors