Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MrMax

Query from public website data | Expression.Error Access denied

Hello folks,

I was kinda pleased finding out about power query some while ago and believe I got into the topic well enough for my use, but feel free to proof me wrong here. While many similar posts in the community are in existence, most deal with the issue in regards of another database such as a sharepoint and co.

My request however is running on base of a common website, that is publicly available and has no issues in single queries.

So to my topic: I got one request extracting sublinks from a online market place and another that takes each sublink and is supposed to search for criterias such as model, price, age. It´s created as a simple function with a parameter, which is the sublink that results from the first query.

Both queries work on their own, however as soon as I try to connect them, I am getting an Expression.Error saying that the access to the source is being denied.

Since I found the other posts for sharepoints I checked all privacy settings so this would not be an issue, but the error remains.

I assume I have somewhat of an issue with getting connected to all the sublinks from the first query, to extract the data for the second query, but did not come across any solution over the past weeks.

Do you have any advice that could help me further? I would appreciate if so.

Best regards, Max

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MrMax 

You could refer to : how to connect to a dynamica url

If the web source is public, please share with me to make a test.

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the recommendation in the first place, Maggie.

Unfortunately I did not get further following this advice, as the website (chrono24.com) seems to have blocked all inquiries from my router for now.

I'll have a look into this first before I can get back to your advice, though if you also had an idea on how to avoid this type of issue with future requests, I would highly appreciate it.

Best regards

Hi @MrMax 

First please ensure your server can have access to that website, than you can follow my previous suggestion to connect to it with Power BI Desktop.

Some similar threads regarding how to solve this kind of issue.

https://windowsreport.com/access-to-resource-forbidden/

Find out why you can't access a website or service on the Internet

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors