Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query editor

Hello All, I am still beginner in this APP, trying to learn the Queries, I use PowerBI desktop version 2.79.5768 

How can i log in to the query editor? as the learning videos using earlier version and the interface is different. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, you have to change the source of the file to where you have it. Click on the Data Source Settings and point the file to where it is on your computer, not where the author put it in their exercise.

2020-05-14 19_17_39-Inventory Stock Status - Power Query Editor.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
edhans
Super User
Super User

It is the Transform Data button on the home ribbon if you have the new ribbon interface.

2020-05-14 15_51_47-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, When i tried that it comes with error 

DataSource.NotFound: File or Folder: We couldn't find the folder 'C:\Users\rnuan\Desktop\Sales Data\*'.
Details:
C:\Users\rnuan\Desktop\Sales Data

I guess this is because i downloaded the exercise as it is, do i have to download the excel sheets uploaded it to the app first?

Hi @Anonymous 

If you want to load excel file to power bi and use query editor to transform data, you could click on "Home"->"Get data"->excel, then click on "Transfrom data" to use edit query.

the previous reply by edhans says how you could change the source file in Power bi.

If you have any other problem, feel free to ask and it is appreciated to share some details for better analysis.

Best Regards

Maggie

No, you have to change the source of the file to where you have it. Click on the Data Source Settings and point the file to where it is on your computer, not where the author put it in their exercise.

2020-05-14 19_17_39-Inventory Stock Status - Power Query Editor.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors