Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JohnCavil
Helper I
Helper I

Query Editor stuck refreshing forever

Hey guys,

I am having a problem in my project with the query editor not being able to refresh or handle new queries.

Basically if i try to refresh the data or i add a new step, such as just duplicating a column, it will be stuck trying to load/refresh forever. I've waited for up to an hour and nothing happens. This even happens if i delete all my data sources and try to pull in a small excel sheet. Just add source - excel and it's stuck doing nothing.

I've tried updating powerbi, testing it on another computer and so on. I've also tried to make sure the privacy settings and such are ok.

Refresh works from the powerBI page, just not the query editor. Any steps i try to add or any of my tables i try to refresh and it is just stuck.

Anyone had a similar problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

if you can get to the Options screen try clearing out the caches.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

if you can get to the Options screen try clearing out the caches.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I've seen that after using excessive table merges. But you say this also occurs with fresh small queries? Even when your data source is a CSV file?

Hey,

Yea, it does. I mean we do a huge append with our data, and we have a few tables with millions of rows (these we don't merge or append). But even if i delete all of our tables and just try to import an excel file it's stuck.

I can delete all tables in my entire project, and it still wont allow me to do anything in the query editor at all. The only thing i can do is duplicate a table. But i can't do anything on an table (add steps) or get new data in. The project worked just fine like a week ago, and wasn't even slow or anything.

I've let it sit now for 5 hours and nothing happens. So clearly there is some sort of error but all i get are those 3 little yellow dots in the top to indicate it's loading something.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors