Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Query Active Directory for extended attributes

I have managed to query active directory succesfully but cannot find extended attributes (extensionAttribute1,extensionAttribute2,etc) anywhere, ¿which table contains those attributes?.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
PeRich
Regular Visitor

This values are not visible for e.g. domain users accounts.

I could see them with domain admin rights:

1. Logged on to Windows as domain admin,
  2. started Power BI Desktop, 
  3. opened Active Directory,
  4. selected "table" "user"
  5. msExchCustomAttributes.msExchExtensionCustomAttribute1 - n
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can connect to Active Directory from Power  BI Desktop following the instructions in this blog, load user table and computer table into Desktop.

As per this similar blog and similar thread, user account status and computer status are controlled by the userAccountControl attribute, you should be able to expand userAccountControl column from user table and computer table in Power BI Desktop, then check the values.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you but I have connected with Active Directory without any problem, my issue is I cannot find the way to include the extended attributes (extensionAttribute1,extensionAttribute2,...) in a query.

@AnonymousDid you find a solution to this problem? I'm struggling with the same thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I couldn't find any solution.

hello , 2 years after does anyone knows how to get these AD Extended attributes, I can't find them in any table

thanks

got it ! extensionAttributeXX are in table msExchCustomAttributes

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors