Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling data from XML-RPC ->CRM

Hello,

I am wondering whether there is a way to effectively pull XML-RPC data directly into the Power Bi. Completely "green" on this.

The company I work in has a new "CRM". And i saw that there is a connection to it with the credentials that you can set up within the CRM - however can't figure out how to pull the data from it.

Any ideas?

Regards,
David

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Does your CRM have OData feed available or does the CRM provide API to retrieve data? It is possible to connect straight to the OData feed from Power BI Desktop or use the web entry in Power BI desktop to connect to API.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @v-yuezhe-msft,

I just tried pulling the data trought the OData but got this error.
123.png
So I'm guessing this might not be the way to pull the data. Regarding the API I can create specific credentials in the CRM under settings. However, because I never really pulled data this way I'm a  bit green regarding this.

321.png

The CRM server is in the company which we're buying the service from - Skytex.

Do I need to contact them in order to get the infromation of how to connect to our server with the API and all does and dont's?
Or this might be more difficult than I have enticipated to pull the data.

Regards,
David.

@Anonymous,

Based on the above error message, it seems that your service doesn't provide OData feed. Please consult Skytex support about how to use CRM API to get data, then use web entry in Desktop to connect to the API.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors