Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Publishing PowerBi Report

Hi all,

I'm having some issues regarding the publishing of my PowerBi reports. Essentially I have a normal report which doesn't appear to have any issues however when I publish to a workspace other than my own I recieve the below error:

"An error occured wile attempting to publish 'FileName.pbix': The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request."

I have also noticed that whilst in the online version the gateway I have setup also appears to be healthy and online however when scheduling a refresh I find the below:

"(offline, running on )"

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi all,

It appeares that the report I was publishing had multiple tables from multiple datasets therefore when trying to use the data gateway it wouldn't pick it up.

After I had changed my datasets and ensured they were all added to the gateway all issues I had been experiencing had been resolved.

Turns out Active Directory cannot be added to the data gateway as of yet, hopefully this is something that can be looked into.

Thanks,

J

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
opticshrew
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi all,

It appeares that the report I was publishing had multiple tables from multiple datasets therefore when trying to use the data gateway it wouldn't pick it up.

After I had changed my datasets and ensured they were all added to the gateway all issues I had been experiencing had been resolved.

Turns out Active Directory cannot be added to the data gateway as of yet, hopefully this is something that can be looked into.

Thanks,

J

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @opticshrew,

It seems that you published the report to a group workspace rather than the My Workspace, the error 400 throws out, right?

In your scenario, please follow below steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verify you have write permission to this group workspace.

2. Check if the issue is related to the report itself. Try to create a new report in desktop and publish it to this same group workspace.

3. Make sure use the newest desktop version: 2.42.4611.701.

4. Go to this group workspace in Power BI service, click Get Data-> Files-> Local File to import report, see if the error throws out.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi  @v-qiuyu-msft

Installing the new client seems to have resolved the publishing issue 🙂

However I am still having the gateway showing as offline, even though in the manage gateways tab it appears to be online with all data sources connected.

Thanks.

J

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors